Panel recommends approval for Northern Gateway pipeline, with conditions #oil
CALGARY — The Globe and Mail
Published Thursday, Dec. 19 2013, 4:33 PM EST
Last updated Thursday, Dec. 19 2013, 5:47 PM EST
A federal Joint Review Panel has given its blessing to Enbridge Inc’s Northern Gateway project, concluding the controversial pipeline is in the public interest, but will be subject to 209 environmental, safety and financial conditions.
The assessment of the panel — which will inform a final federal cabinet decision in about six months — said they were persuaded that the 1,178 kilometre pipeline from Alberta to the B.C. coast will meet an economic need by diversifying Canada’s oil market.
- Review panel supports Northern Gateway pipeline but with conditions (macleans.ca)
- Northern Gateway pipeline gets the green light (with conditions) (o.canada.com)
- Panel approves Northern Gateway oil pipeline with 209 conditions (canadianbusiness.com)
- Panel recommends approval for Northern Gateway pipeline, with conditions (theglobeandmail.com)
- Review panel supports Northern Gateway pipeline but with conditions (metronews.ca)
- Federal panel approves Northern Gateway pipeline (lfpress.com)
- Panel recommends approving Northern Gateway oil pipeline (thestar.com)