The Saskatchewan in motion Get Our Community Moving Challenge starts Monday, March 2!
The community that logs the most minutes wins $10 000 to go toward a project in their town that promotes physical activity. This year’s project is The Gull Lake Skating Rink Revitalization!
We need participation from EVERYONE! Anyone (not just Gull Lake residents) can “donate” their activity minutes to Gull Lake, so aside from logging 90 minutes of activity each day, tell your friends and family to get moving, too!
Here’s how to get involved:
1. Visit the Get Our Community Moving Challenge website. (challenge.saskatchewaninmotion.ca)
2. Create a challenge profile and get active! Create your profile EARLY so we can get any bugs sorted out before the challenge begins.
3. Every minute counts! Log your minutes (and the rest of your family’s minutes) on the challenge website. Don’t forget to log physical activity minutes every day from March 2 – 16, 2015.
4. Visit the Saskatchewan in motion website or Push2Play by Saskatchewan Blue Cross for activity ideas to get the whole family moving.
5. Encourage your neighbours, friends and family to take part and have fun!
Contact Sara at 672-4449 if you have any questions, or stop by the Rec Office and she help you out. Can’t wait to watch Gull Lake Skating Rink rack up the minutes!