Released on April 6, 2016
The Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport will be launching its campsite reservation system for the 2016 summer season on Monday, April 11. This will be a staggered launch, with different parks opening for reservations over a ten day period.
The launch schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 11: Blackstrap, Pike Lake
- Tuesday, April 12: Buffalo Pound, Danielson, Douglas
- Wednesday, April 13: Echo Valley, Rowan’s Ravine
- Thursday, April 14: Duck Mountain, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake
- Friday, April 15: Crooked Lake, Moose Mountain
- Saturday, April 16: Cypress Hills
- Sunday, April 17: The Battlefords, Saskatchewan Landing
- Monday, April 18: Meadow Lake
- Tuesday, April 19: Bronson Forest, Chitek Lake, Lac La Ronge*, Makwa Lake
- Wednesday, April 20: Candle Lake, Great Blue Heron, Narrow Hills
*Due to impact from the fires in the summer of 2015, Nemeiben and Wadin Bay Campgrounds will open for reservations later in the spring.
During the launch period, a queuing system will be implemented to help to manage the demand and ensure technical stability.
Reservations will open at 7 a.m. each day, and the queue waiting area will begin each morning at 6:40 a.m. At 7 a.m., customers in the queue waiting area will receive a random number and will the enter reservation website in staggered batches based on their unique number. Anyone attempting to access the reservation website after 7 a.m. will be placed at the end of the line.
If you plan to book during launch, we recommend that you visit the reservation website a few days in advance to create a user account or update your user account, familiarize yourself with how to use the website and view potential campsites to best fit your camping needs.
New this year, online reservations will be available at some parks past the Labour Day long weekend. Certain campgrounds at The Battlefords, Blackstrap, Cypress Hills, Danielson, Douglas, Narrow Hills and Rowan’s Ravine will offer online reservations into September. Details are available at www.saskparks.net.
You can find more information about the launch, including tutorials and booking tips on our website atwww.saskparks.net/Reserve-a-Site