Once again, the Communities in Bloom Committee are encouraging residents and local businesses to enter one of its community competitions. You may enter one of the competitions yourself or nominate your neighbor. This year the committee has five categories residents can participate in:
1. Curb Appeal [2015 winners were Lee McNabb]
2. Backyard [2015 winners were Kim Holizki]
3. Floral Displays [2015 winners were Gull Lake Special Care Home Ladies Auxiliary]
4. Vegetable Gardens [2015 winners were Lee McNabb]
5. Business Flower Pot Competition [2015 winners were Town of Gull Lake Office Staff]
6. Non for Profit Flower Pot Competition [New Category open to all Non for-Profit Organizations]
These competitions are meant to be fun and help the committee in two ways. First community involvement is a judged category. Therefore, just by entering you can help the community score some extra points. Second, the community is being judged on tidiness and floral displays subsequently by having a nice yard you also help build more points for our score. Some have already entered, but we have many nice yards, and it is not too late to enter. If you would like to enter yourself or a deserving neighbor in a competition, call the Town Office (306) 672-3361 before July 1st.
Other ways to help your Community
The Communities in Bloom Program is all about community pride and participation. You can help just by keeping your yard neat and tidy. If you like, you can also volunteer to help the CIB Committee on the odd-job squad and help them complete a project. For more information or to enter, call the Town Office (306)672-3361.
Support Your Community
Gull Lake is competing against other communities in Saskatchewan that have a population close to our own. Let’s show that Gull Lake is #1 in the Province when it comes to community pride by doing our best to make our community look great! Let’s band together and do our best to beat last year’s score and shoot for 5 blooms!