Town of Gull Lake Says Thanks for Helping with The Clarendon Hotel Fire
The Town Council of Gull Lake would like to thank our local volunteer firefighters for their response and handling of the Clarendon Hotel Fire. In addition, we wish to extend a big thank-you for the assistance we received from the neighboring fire departments of Tompkins, City of Swift Current, and two firefighters from Shaunavon that were also in attendance.
We would also like to extend thanks to the following:
- Tim Temoshawsky for lending a helping hand at the water plant.
- Gull Lake Ambulance Service for responding and standby on scene.
- Town Crew members Felix Ewen and Kirtis Cooke for keeping our water running and helping firefighters.
- Kate Winquist of Advance Southwest for covering the story.
- Swift Current Online for helping get the request for residents to conserve water on the radio.
- Wendy Klein for opening the Lyceum Theatre and providing washrooms and drinks for the firefighters.
- Kevin Springer and Sherry Wiens from Decades Diner for providing sandwhiches for the firefighters.
- Ryan LeFaive from Lilly’s Kitchen and Bar for providing hot soup and coffees for the firefighters.
- Chris Harvey and Kim Holizki for providing beef on a bun and sandwiches for the firefighters.
- Jerry and Dawnette Peterson from Peterson’s AG Foods for providing bottled water for firefighters.
- Pioneer Co-operative Association for providing coffee for the firefighters.
- Central Energy Services for responding with their excavator.
- Residents for conserving their water use during the fire.
- Anyone else we may have missed that helped out in any way.
The loss of the Clarendon Hotel was a tragedy for our community, and we are grateful for the response of all those who came to help.
P.S. I was at the fire and have seen so many pictures of the hotel burning that I thought is would be nice to attach a photo of how it looked before the fire.