Town Council Approves Waste Management Bylaw
At the last regular meeting of Town Council the Waste Management Bylaw was adopted. The bylaw regulates the operation of the landfill and the handling of waste and recyclable material in Gull Lake. It also regulates the placement and removal of totes from the alley.
The bylaw requires all totes to be in the alley/street by 7AM for pickup and allows 24 hours for residents to return the totes to their property. Many totes are being left in the alley and risk being damaged, and at times hinder the town crew when maintaining alleys.
The Town Council will be working with residents over the next few weeks in order to ensure compliance with the bylaw. The bylaw will begin to be enforced by the Town Bylaw Officer after the new year. To ensure you are compliant with the regulations regarding totes, please follow these simple rules:
- Place your bin properly in the alley/street by 7 AM on pickup day.
- Do not overfill the tote. If the lid is not closed the tote will not be picked up.
- Make sure recycle/garbage totes do not contain any material that is not allowed in the totes.
- Remove the tote from the alley/street within 24 hours of being placed in the alley/street back to your property.
- For more information on Garbage/Recycle requirements go to the Waste Collection page on the Town Website.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the bylaw, please contact the town office (306) 672-3361. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.