Gull Lake and Area Recreation Board Awards $38,000 in Grants
At the last meeting of the Gull Lake and Area Recreation Board, $38,000 in grant money was awarded to several organizations through the Rec Board’s Sport, Culture and Recreation Grant Program. Each year the Board awards grants to organizations that help fund sport, recreation and cultural projects in Gull Lake and area.
The Gull Lake and Area Recreation Board is composed of individual members from the Town of Gull Lake, R.M. of Carmichael, R.M. of Gull Lake, R.M. of Webb, and Village of Tompkins, as well as a member at large. Grant funding comes from a recreation levy of $8/capita from each municipality, and from grant funding the Board receives from the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund.
This year’s grants were awarded to the following organizations:
- Antelope Lake Regional Park: $3,000 to build new washrooms.
- Autumn House Independent Living Facility: $2,000 to help fund general activities
- Ball Diamond Improvement Committee: $3,500 for shale.
- Gull Lake Bowling Lanes: $1,500 for gutter rail.
- Gull Lake Curling Club: $4,000 for eaves, hacks, bumpers, and carpet.
- Gull Lake Heritage Committee: $2,000 for to repair Wong Guy Shoe Shop windows and doors.
- Gull Lake Library: $4,000 to provide funding for operations.
- Gull Lake School Community Council: $3,500 for crusher dust for the new track.
- Kreative Kidz Early Learning Centre: $3,000 to develop an outdoor play area.
- Meadowdale Golf Course: $2,000 to help fund a new bridge, and solar for club house.
- Tompkins Curling Rink.: $3,500 for temperature control, carpet and automated external defibrillator.
- Tompkins Senior Corp: $500 for window replacement.
- Tompkins Skating Rink: $2,500 to help fund Tractor Plant room repair.
- Rolling Acres Golf Course: $3000 for tee box, benches, and automated external defibrillator
Recreation Board grants help preserve and promote sport, culture and recreation in Gull Lake and area. Non-profit organizations with eligible projects can apply for grant funding in the fall. Applications are available at the Recreation Office or can be downloaded from our website (a link will be provided on our website in October 2017).