It’s hard to believe that CPP has been closed for a week!
Here are 12 reasons this season rocked:
1. WE GOT OUR NEW DECK!!!
2. The awning was hung over the bleachers and was a hit for everyone needing to take a break from the sun. Thanks to Jen Munt and Carla Benjamin for fundraising for this awesome addition to our pool.
3. During our kick-off BBQ, Roy Krogsgaard and Paul Oevering grilled for 100+ hungry swimmers on the BBQ loaned to us by Bruce Gibson; Dustin, Leilani, Jannelle and Morgan painted a TON of faces; and some lucky ducks won prizes donated by the Lyceum Theatre.
4. 40 participants danced along with the amazing Erica Pasley in our first-ever Aqua Zumba session.
5. Gull Lake School, Tompkins School and Hazlet School enjoyed PE classes at CPP in June.
6. We had Early Bird swims with 12 people at a time (shout out to my fellow morning people!).
7. Crescent Point sponsored a delicious BBQ, complete with hot dogs, chips, drinks and delectable cupcakes for the community.
8. The 26-member AquaFit crew enjoyed the new equipment purchased by the Town of Gull Lake during their twice-weekly workouts.
9. Our incredible instructors put 200(!!!) swimmers through lessons, including 6 Bronze Medallion and 4 Bronze Cross participants. The Bronze classes saw Sara Harvey and Braiden Leppa crush their examiner mentorships. Special thanks to Callen Boutin and Shianna Wedrick for coming out of retirement to teach lessons.
10. The awesome lifeguards kept Fun Fridays rolling even after lessons were over.
11. The boiler waited until the end of the season to break down 🙃
12. There were only 2 bloody noses in the jousting arena on the last day of the pool😂😂
Thank you to all staff and swimmers for a fabulous summer!