Crokicurl is up and running at the Little Green on the Prairie Park. The outdoor Cockicurl game was set up as an activity for the Winterfest Hockeyday Event that took place during SWT Hockey Week in Gull Lake. The game will be set up in the park for as long as the weather permits.
• The game is played with two teams. Each team is composed of 1-2 players. Teams of 1 play from opposing quadrants. For teams of 2, players from the same team play from opposing quadrants. Each player is limited to 1 quadrant. Each team has 4 rocks of the same colour.
• A crokicurl shot is accomplished by firmly sliding a rock onto the playing surface, releasing before the halfway point of the starting line. The rock may be played from any point within the assigned quadrant. Players are permitted to place their feet against the side rail while shooting the rock.
• The first player will try to score 20 points with their shot. If the rock successfully lands completely within the button it is removed and set aside to count as 20 points at the end of the round.
• Subsequent shots attempt to remove an opponent rock from the playing surface unless there are no rocks on the playing surface. If the rock fails to make contact with an opponent rock, the rock is removed from the game. At the same time, each player attempts to make a 20 point shot difficult for the opposing team.
• Whenever possible, each player seeks to score 20 points by shooting a rock into the center button.
• No player may enter the coloured point rings during gameplay until all rocks have been played by both teams and scoring is being determined. The exception to this is when a team scores 20 points with their rock entering the button.
• Players may not change quadrants during a round.
• Play proceeds in a clockwise fashion, alternating each team and player.
• A rock that lands more than halfway over the outer edge of the starting line will be removed from gameplay.
• Scoring occurs after all rocks have been played. Teams play to a pre-determined score. The player or team with the higher score wins the round. The winner of the match is determined by the team who wins the most rounds, best of 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.