The Public Health Inspection Department in the Swift Current Office would like to update you on the current increase of Covid-19 in our communities. The Saskatchewan Health Authority has identified ongoing clusters of individuals with COVID-19 in Southwest and West Central Saskatchewan. Although there is some slow improvements, some positive cases are linked to known chains of transmission and some individuals have no known source for their infection.
Therefore we would like to reiterate the importance of diligent precaution measures such as;
· Physical distancing (maintaining two meters apart) – avoid areas where there are people gathering or where there are bottle necks of foot traffic (through doorways, elevators, washrooms…)
· Limit the size of indoor and outdoor gatherings or events, and reduce unnecessary travel.
· Servers, hosts and other work that is not able to maintain two meters of distance from others should wear a non-medical mask (e.g. cloth or other materials) or procedure/surgical mask.
· Diligent Hand Hygiene
- Washing your hands with soap often and water whenever your hand become soiled
- Use of Hand Rubs (with an alcohol content of at least 70%)
· Enhanced Cleaning (especially high touch surfaces) in public areas and work places (especially coffee rooms).
· Seniors or those with a weakened immune systems or underlying health conditions wear a procedure/surgical mask if they need to go out in public.
· Persons who are ill asked to stay home (Self-Isolate) and contact 811 for more information. Anyone concerned that they may have come into contact with COVID is advised to call 811.
The Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan and all applicable Guidelines can be found at Re-open Saskatchewan plan. Other questions for businesses can be directed to the Business Response Team at 1-844-800-8688 or email at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding precautions or the Public Health Order, please contact the Public Health Inspection office at firstname.lastname@example.org or to call 1-306-778-5298.
Thank you for all your patience and extra efforts in helping keep our communities safe during this time.
Jacqualine Treen CIPHI(C)
Manager of Public Health, Primary Health Care (Network 5) and Infection Control
EI Wood Building, Swift Current Office
Saskatchewan Health Authority (306)741-2679