Gull Lake Skating Rink invites proposals from individuals or businesses interested in operating the concession booth for the 2020-2021 season.
The term will be from mid-October 2020 to the end of March 2021.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall management of the booth, including, but not limited to, meeting all health regulations, staffing, and the supply of food.
• Readying the booth for operation in the fall by carrying out a preliminary cleanup of the kitchen, ensuring all equipment is operative, and booking any necessary pre-opening inspections, and ordering necessary stock and other supplies. The cost of all stock will be covered by lessee.
• Carrying out the operational and janitorial duties that comply with the Saskatchewan Public Health Act and the Rink Board guidelines. This includes the preparation and serving of food, cleaning the kitchen and equipment on a regular basis, wiping down tables in the lobby, and ordering stock and supplies.
• Ordering stock for and ensuring the pop machines in the lobby are filled.
• Ensuring that all the equipment being used remains operational and that the Rink Board be informed as to any major repairs needed.
• Maintaining good public relations.
• Practicing good hygiene while on duty, including wearing a clean apron.
• Ensuring the concession is open for games, practices and other events. Any changes to the schedule shall be communicated to the Rink Board.
• Carrying out a complete cleanup of the kitchen facility and its equipment within 2 weeks of the end of the season.
• Ensuring that the menu includes healthy food options as outlined in the following links: Healthy Foods for my Recreation Setting—Getting Started https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/#/products/92885
and Healthy Foods for my Recreation Setting—Nutrition Standards for Saskatchewan https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/#/products/92884
Requirements of proposal:
• Resume, including 3 relevant references
• The proposed amount to be paid to the Rink Board monthly while acting as the booth manager
• A plan to incorporate healthy food options into the menu
• Copy of Gull Lake Safe Places—Youth Certified card
• Copy of Safe Food Handling certificate
The successful applicant will be required to provide, and keep current for the duration of the contract, the following documentation:
• A Town of Gull Lake business licence
• Proof of good standing with Saskatchewan WCB
• Additional liability insurance
Send sealed bids by 4pm on September 3, 2020, to:
Gull Lake Rink Board
Gull Lake, SK
Contact Sara with questions, for additional information, or to view facility: 671-7725