Gull Lake is a progressive community, located at the junction of Highways #1 and #37 in the heart of oil country. The town site is situated on what was once part of the 76 ranch, established in 1887. In 1905 the Gull Lake block was sold to American millionaire developers Conrad and Price. The town site was surveyed and settlers began to pour in. The discovery of oil and gas in the 1950’s added to the booming farming and ranching economy.
Gull Lake continues to prosper with a very active oil and gas industry along with farming, ranching and wind power. Gull Lake’s convenient location makes it perfectly situated for business and residence with easy access to larger communities such as Swift Current to the east or Medicine Hat to the west. Gull Lake is a highly developed and prosperous community boasting excellent recreational, medical and educational facilities. Sitting at the crossroads of major highways, in the heart of oil territory, Gull Lake is primed to be a place for development in Saskatchewan.