Statistics Canada reported today that in October Saskatchewan’s year-over-year employment increased by 9,400 jobs. This is the largest gain in jobs for the province since October 2014.
Full-time employment increased by 5,700 jobs and part-time employment increased by 3,700 jobs compared to a year ago. On a monthly basis, seasonally adjusted employment increased by 2,500 jobs from September 2018.
“These job numbers are unequivocally positive news for our provincial economy,” Immigration and Career Training Minister Jeremy Harrison said. “Saskatchewan job creators are showing confidence in our province in spite of the headwinds our economy faces in the areas of transportation, trade and the threat of a federally imposed carbon tax. We will continue to promote our province and the goods produced and manufactured by our residents to new and existing trade markets in order to create jobs and opportunity for Saskatchewan people right here at home.”
October’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 6.2 per cent, down from 6.4 per cent in September.
Other October highlights include:
- Major year-over-year gains were reported for educational services up 5,900 jobs; health care and social assistance up 4,700 jobs; agriculture up 3,000 jobs.
- Female employment up 5,400 jobs (+2.1 per cent) and male employment up 3,900 jobs (+1.3 per cent).
- Solid job growth in the private sector with 11,800 more jobs from a year ago (+3.6 per cent).
Tag Archives: Jobs
The Town of Gull Lake is accepting applications for full-time employment with the
Town’s Maintenance department. Applicants should possess:
– a positive work ethic
– ability to work well with others as well as independently
– experience operating various types of equipment & tools
– mechanically inclined
– a valid Driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement or be willing to obtain the endorsement
– Power Mobile Equipment Certificate
– Class I or II Certification in Water Treatment or be willing to obtain Certification
The Town offers a generous group insurance package and a pension plan.
Please apply in writing stating qualifications, experience and wage expectations to:
Town of Gull Lake
Gull Lake, SK S0N 1A0
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only selected applicants for an interview will be contacted.
Advanced Waste Solutions Gull Lake is looking for a driver for the Front load and side tote trucks.
Must have a minimum Class 3 to drive truck. Experience preferred but willing to train the right person. Basic mechanical ability is an asset but not mandatory. Wage based on experience
Send resume to. firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Advanced Waste Solutions