Search this Site

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors


If you have questions about the information contained in your assessment or feel your assessment has been incorrectly calculated, please contact the Town Office. We would be please to explain your assessment to you and describe how the amount listed was arrived at.

If after contacting the Town, you still feel your assessment is in error, you can submit an appeal to the Board of Revision. The Board must receive your appeal within 30 days after the Assessment Roll was opened within 30 days of the mailing date on your Notice of Assessment.  You can only appeal to the Board if there is an error involving:

  • the land valuation or classification
  • building (improvement) valuation or classification
  • preparation or content of the Assessment Roll
  • notice of assessment (error or omissions)

How to file an appeal: Appeals must be filed with 30 days after the date of mailing of your assessment notice of within 30 days after the Town advertises in the local newspaper that the Assessment Roll is completed.  Appeal filing fees are as follows:

  • $25 for residential property (single family dwelling/mobile home)
  • $25 per condominium unit (condominium assessment appeal must be filed by the Condominium Association)
  • $25 for each commercial property, agricultural property, railway, pipeline, or multi-family property

Submitting Appeal:

1) Complete the appeal form included with your Notice of Assessment

2) Sign & date our completed notice of appeal. Make sure it contains the following information:

  • The property under appeal (roll number and property address)
  • A description of what you are appealing (eg. land valuation and classification, building valuation and classification, errors in the content or preparation of the Assessment Roll, or Notice of Assessment)
  • The specific grounds for your appeal and a summary of the facts used for the appeal
  • The address where you want your appeal documents delivered to
  • Your day and evening telephone number

3) Mail the completed appeal form before the deadline to:

The Secretary of the Board of Revision
Box 150
Gull Lake, SK
S0N 1A0

You may also deliver the completed appeal application to the Town Office – 2378 Proton Ave.
Include your appeal fee with your application.

Withdrawing an Appeal: If you decide to withdraw your appeal, please notify the Secretary of the Board of Revision before your hearing date either by mail or fax (306) 672-3777.  If you withdraw prior to your hearing, your appeal fee will be refunded.

Appeal Hearing: You will receive a notice by registered mail listing when and where your appeal hearing will take place. It will be mailed at least 21 days before your hearing date.

The Board of Revision will hear appeals in the order they appear on the agenda. You must address your comments to the Board through the Chairperson when presenting your appeal. You can have witnesses appear on your behalf. After your presentation, an Assessor may as you questions and present information to support the property’s assessment. At this time, you will have the opportunity to ask the Assessor questions. When all evidence has been presented, both you and the Assessor may present final arguments to the Board.

Appeal Decision: After the hearing, the Board will finalize their decision and send you notification of this by registered mail.  If you wish, you can appeal the Board’s decision to the Saskatchewan Municipal Board Assessment Appeals committee (SMBAAC).  SMBAAC appeals must be received within 30 days of receiving written notice of the Board’s decision.  For more information about SMBAAC appeals, call (306) 787-2658.

NOTE: If you did not attend your Board of Revision hearing, you relinquish our right to appeal to the SMBAAC.

Return to Assessment and Tax



Effective immediately, no fireworks or open fires, including fire pits, fire rings, chimineas, and the like are allowed until further notice.