Search this Site

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Permits and Licenses

Please contact the Town Office for all permits and licenses.

Permits and Licenses
Building Permits
Permits and Licenses
Business License
Permits and Licenses
Pet License

Building Permits are required to:

  • Construct a foundation to support a building or structure
  • Erect a new building or structure
  • Demolish, relocate, repair, alter or make additions to an existing building or structure
  • All decks require a permit

Set back requirements:

  • Minimum front yard – 7.62 meters (25 ft) from property line
  • Minimum side yard  – 1.52 meters (5 ft) from property line
  • Minimum back yard – 1.52 meters (5 ft) from property line

Hiring a Contractor: See the Canadian Home Builders’ Association website called Get it in Writing for helpful advice on “What to do when you hire a contractor”.

Top of the Document

Business License

Every person enumerated hereunder shall procure a Business license in accordance with the Bylaw authorizing them to carry on the business for which the license was produced within the Town limits and for which the person applying for the license shall pay the fee prescribed hereunder:

1.   Basic License (unless otherwise noted):

  • Resident $100.00
  • Non Resident $200.00

2.   Fish, Farm, Produce Dealer:

  • Annual $500.00
  • Daily $100.00

3.   Contractors (Journeyman Papers where required):

A. General:

  • per contract less than $100,000               $350.00
  • per contract $100,000 to $250,000      $500.00
  • per contract over $250,000                       $750.00

General Contractors fee covers all trades involved in contract.

B. Trades (Carpenter, Electrician, Plumbing, Heating, Refrigeration):

  • Resident $200.00
  • Non Resident  $400.00

All other building related trades:

  • Resident $100.00
  • Non Resident $200.00

4.   Direct Sellers

  • Average sale less than $100              $50.00
  • Average sale more than $100           $100.00

Top of the Document

Pet License

All dog and cats over six (6) months old must be licensed through the Town of Gull Lake.  This includes all pets that are kept indoors. Dog licenses are due by January 31 of each year or within 30 days of becoming an owner of a dog.

  • First Male/Female $ 25.00
  • If Spayed or Neutered $15.00
  • Additional Dog $30.00
  • Vicious Dog $100.00
  • Replacement License Tag $2.00

“Vicious Dog” means a dog, the owner of which has paid a Bylaw Violation Tag, or been convicted in Provincial Court of biting, injuring, chasing or threatening a person(s).  No person shall harbor more than two (2) dogs or cats.  Dog and cat license can be picked up at the Town Office during office hours.

Top of the Document

Permits and Licenses


Effective immediately, no fireworks or open fires, including fire pits, fire rings, chimineas, and the like are allowed until further notice.